Note: The code in this book is tested on Ruby version > 2.2.0
There are several kinds of contributions that could help this book achieve the best results:
- Contribution by adding tricky code.
- Contribution by adding more explanation for existing code.
- Contribution by enhancing the code quality or alternatives.
- Contribution by enhancing the book quality:
- Structure enhancements
- Spelling, proofreading enhancements
- Design enhancements
- Ideas and requests
- Any other
- Contribution by adding more resources and references.
- Contribution by donation.
- 3.Clone GitHub forked RubyFu repository:
git clone https://github.com/[YourGithubAccount]/RubyFu
- 6.Press the Import button to import the cloned repository. Then, you'll find it in the URL tab.
- 7.Add the forked RubyFu repository GitHub URL to GitBook Editor in the URL tab : Home >> Import >> URL
- 1.Start your awesome contribution.
- 2.From GitBook editor, Sync your changes to the forked repository.
- 3.From GitHub, send a Pull Request(PR) to the Master branch.
- Use the triple ticks
followed by `ruby` then your code in between theto get ruby code highlighted. e.g.puts "Ruby Code here"
- Explain the main idea -with some details- of the code, if you explain every line that would be great but it's not a must.
- Choose the correct Module.
- Make your title clear.
- Use Text editor/ide for code identification before pasting your code.
- Mention the source, if you copied or developed code that has been created by others; please mention the source in the footer. e.g.puts "Your good code"[Source]Then add the following to the footer: http://TheSouceCodeURLYour notes should be under the footer's line. Add the following to initiate the footer if it does not yet exist<br><br><br>---YOUR NOTES SHALL BE HERE
- Try to use readable code, if you have to add more tricky/skilled code then explain it well.Remember! Hacker's code =! Cryptic code
Use triple ticks to highlight your command-line. ex.
To translate Rubyfu, make sure to
- Create a new branch for your translation.
- Add a sub-directory under Rubyfu's root directory with the name of the language you will translate to.
- Update the
- Copy and paste the content of
en/folder to your language folder, then translate it.
- Create a Pull Request (PR).
Please make sure to mark the repository as Watch to keep your translated efforts up-to-date.
General contributions might be topic requests, proofreading, spelling, book organization and style. All these contributions are welcome; however, they have to be discussed on Rubyfu issues - especially things in regards to topics and/or book organization and styling. At the same time don't hesitate to report even a single word observation about the book, it's for you at the end of the day.
Note: Since this book is enhanced dynamically and unordered, it's hard to make the footer notes with an order-series of numbers for the whole book, so -until I find better solution- I'll make the number order separate for each page individually.