VirusTotal is one of the most known online service that analyzes files and URLs enabling the identification of viruses, worms, trojans and other kinds of malicious content detected by antivirus engines and website scanners. At the same time, it may be used as a means to detect false positives, i.e. innocuous resources detected as malicious by one or more scanners.
- 1.Register/Sign-in to VirusTotal
- 2.Go to My API key
- 3.Request a private APT key
- Do not disclose your private key to anyone that you do not trust.
- Do not embed your private in scripts or software from which it can be easily retrieved
ruby-virustotal is VirusTotal automation and convenience tool for hash, file and URL submission.
- Install virustotal gemgem install virustotal
You can use ruby-virustotal gem as command line tool
- Create virustotal local profile To interact with virustotal as command line tool, you have to create a profile contains you API key. The profile will get created in
edit the file and add your API key
- Searching a file of hashesvirustotal -f <file_with_hashes_one_per_line>
- Searching a single hashvirustotal -h FD287794107630FA3116800E617466A9
- Searching a file of hashes and outputting to XMLvirustotal -f <file_with_hashes_one_per_line> -x
- Upload a file to VirusTotal and wait for analysisvirustotal -u </path/to/file>
- Search for a single URLvirustotal -s "http://www.google.com"
uirusu is an VirusTotal automation and convenience tool for hash, file and URL submission.
- Install uirusu gemgem install uirusu
Usage is identical to virustotal gem